The Little Rock Farmers’ Market will open its 47th season on
May 1, 2021
Because of the lingering impact of the virus, the 2021 season will likely be set up like 2020 and limited to produce, locally prepared foods and personal hygiene products in the River Market pavilions only.
This website will be updated no later than April 15th to reflect current state guidelines and restrictions and how they impact the number, types of vendors and general Farmers Market setup.
Other items of note about the 2021 season:
- Face coverings will be required to enter the market.
- The number of shoppers will be limited in order to maintain social distancing.
- A Central Entrance / Exit location will be located in the River Plaza
- Entertainment as well as arts and crafts will not be included.
- As always, free parking is available to Farmers’ Market patrons in the central parking lot off Ottenheimer and in the River Market parking deck. Market Managers wearing red Farmers’ Market polos can provide shoppers with a complimentary parking pass. Special parking for elderly and disabled patrons is available in the central parking lot as well.
- Shoppers will be required to maintain social distancing of six feet and follow directional and spacing markers throughout the market.
- Well behaved pets are welcome but short leashes are encouraged. Please pickup after your pets!
- To encourage safe shopping, patrons are asked not to linger too long at their favorite vendors.
- And of course, shoppers are asked to stay home if they don’t feel well, are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or believe they have been exposed to the virus even if they’re not feeling symptomatic.
The Little Rock Farmers’ Market, sponsored by the Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau, has become a Central Arkansas tradition. The 2021 season will continue to feature farm-fresh produce from farms throughout the state and region including everything from tomatoes to watermelons and a variety of local meats and other locally made foods. As always.
Since 1996, the Little Rock Farmers’ Market has made its home in the River Market’s two outdoor, open-air pavilions overlooking Riverfront Park and the Arkansas River. The Market is filled with farm-fresh produce as well as a bountiful array of locally prepared cottage foods, and handmade arts and crafts.
Many produce vendors at the market accept SNAP benefits (look for the signage at their booths). SNAP tokens can be purchased Farmers Market Managers Tent in the center of the Farmers Market. The Little Rock Farmers’ Market is also a proud participant in the Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB) program where patrons can have up to $20 worth of SNAP tokens matched for free to use at the market.
Parking is always free for Little Rock Farmers’ Market patrons. Visitors are invited to park in the lot behind the market as well as in the River Market Parking Deck at 2nd and River Market Avenue. Special VIP parking is available for senior and handicapped individuals. Just enter the parking lot off Ottenheimer and President Clinton Avenue, and the parking attendants at the kiosk will be happy to direct you to a nearby and accessible parking spot.
We look forward to getting back to our Second Saturday programming with partners like the AR Food Bank on activities like the Lettuce Beet Hunger Together fresh food drive, the Garden Gourmet Chef Series and Lil’ Farmers Kids Club, but that will also depend on state health department guidelines on social distancing.
400 President Clinton Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72201
Free admission and free onsite parking add to the fun and convenience.